The crest includes the YMKSM Krewe Motto:
Bis Vivit Qui Bene Vivit
"He lives twice who lives well"
The arms are blazoned in four quadrants as follows:
- First Barry wavy azure and argent. An escallop gules;
- second, gules, a dolphin haurient azure and argent;
- third, gules, on a fess or a tower gules;
- fourth, argent, a parrot vert perched on a branch proper, in its beak an annulet or.
The Crest is between two palm branches vert, a roundle per pale, first, argent, a lion rampant contourne gules; second, gules, a tower or; all surmounted by a royal coronet.
The YMKSM crest is supported by two seahorses or, maned gules, each holding a banner or, bordered gules, on a chief of the first a roundle as in the crest.
Crest colors and symbols historical interpretation and meaning
- ARGENT (silver or white); peace and prosperity
- OR (Gold): Generosity and elevation of the mind
- GULES (Red): Warrior or martyr; military strength and magnanimity
- AZURE (Blue): Truth and loyalty
- VERT (Green): Hope, joy, and loyalty in love
- PROPER: Natural colors
- BARRY: One who sets the bar of conscience, religion, and honor against angry
- passions and evil temptations" according to Guillim
- WAVY: Sea or water
- ESCALLOP: Traveler to far places or victorious naval commander
- DOLPHIN: Swiftness, diligence, salvation, charity and love
- FESS: Military belt or circle of honor; Represents readiness to serve the public
- TOWER: Safety and grandeur
- PARROT: Unknown, but the modern interpretation is "party down, dude!”
- ANNULET: Fidelity
- PALM BRANCHES: Victory, justice, and royal honor
- LION: Dauntless courage
- ROYAL CORONET: Royal or seignorial authority